Tuesday 11 November 2008

A sad time of year

I got a letter today from the parents of my ex-fiance. I think they are still really confused about what happened between us and they make no secret of the fact that they are very disappointed about the circumstances of our separation, and in my heart, I think I share those feelings. The thing is, I still love her, really very much. I can see her now, in a green dress, her stunningly beautiful pre-raphaelite looks. She really was my English Rose. I remember asking her to marry me; we were in Barcelona, walking through the piazza del toro, I got down on one knee and just asked her if she would be my bride-of course she said yes. That night we made beautiful love as the moonlight poured into our five star penthouse hotel room; it was just perfect.
The next day we went to see a bull fight. We had front row seats and I remember so clearly as the matador gave the signal for the bull to enter the ring, she turned to kiss me, shaking her scarlet mane of beautiful, bright red hair that glowed radiant with sunlight.

The bull must have leapt about ten feet into the air. Someone said it just went mad. All I know was that it's left horn took her head clean off and the some of the rodeo clowns were sick. If it had been any other photo in the Barcelona Daily Herald then her parents would understand. Do they really think I would have deliberately done that with her mouth?

2 comments:

yamyumyer said...

A recurring violent theme is emerging in your recent posts. You need that dog soon.

Jim Connolly said...

She was a good woman, a good woman.